Skip to main content

Bikur Cholim in Prayer 3

Using the Halachos of Bikur Cholim in my Tefillah-

In honor of Maras Aviva Bas Shaina Chana for a Refuah Shleima


Hashavas Aveida


Hashavas Aveida includes praying for Hashiva Shofteinu K’varishona, as part of what we can ask for Hashem to do for us during times of chaos, or injustice; or when one may feel vulnerable requiring a sense of stability. We now have an opportunity to say to Hashem we want a world in which He is restored, and we seek how what can be done to restore a sense of Mishpat!


It is also and opportunity to focus on  the Bracha of Hashiveinu Avinu L’sorasecha , the ultimate Hashavas Avaidah is to restore us to Your Torah and serving you as is Your Ratzon.


Meaning without Mishpat and Torah and Service of Hashem I am in a state of illness requiring Hashavas Aveida.  


It is also a concept we can use by “Emes, Viyatziv” to focus on a world of Emes, and ask to live in a world of Emes so we are comforted and supported in times when confronting a world of untruth.  And perhaps to use this as a time to speak with authenticity in my Tefillah and in the world so we can restore and fix a world activating the blessing of Zokef Kifufeem. 


Inspired by Mitzvos/Halachos below of Bikur Cholim taught by Rabbi Weinberg, n''y

(MS)




Hashavas Aveida is Mitzvah included in Bikur Cholim.


Gmarrah - Bava Kamma says  that when you go and you succeed in lifting the spirit, or just giving the sense of support and comfort to the person who's in the hospital or someone who's sick, you're fulfilling the d'oraisa of Hashavas Aveida, because you're restoring their spirit.


These are some of the examples one can say to fulfill this Mitzvah.

"What do you need? What can I get for you? What can I do for you? Do you need someone to look after your business?  Do you need someone to want me to hire someone to clean your house?  Do you have  someone to take care of the kids?"


Concepts shared by Rabbi Weinberg, n’’y 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoda'ah

  “Were the existence of gratitude and recognition of the good lacking from existence, the human spirit would be left without sparkle or shine.” Rav Avraham Yitzchak HaCohen Kook For the Perplexed of the Generation 4:9     I recently was honored to receive the following email:   Dear Rabbi Weinberg;   I am grateful that both my parents survived Covid in the ICU.   I am grateful that my husband is home, although with oxygen, but no longer on a ventilator.   I am grateful for the Jewish community, of which I am not connected, for food, drivers, shopping, and all sorts of help too much to list.   Someone printed a page from Partners In Prayer and scribbled your email on the bottom. Can you teach me how to pray? Is there a way I can use prayer to express my gratitude? Can I pray without becoming religious?   My husband and I and our children are willing to celebrate Hanukah this year. Is that okay?   My ...

Open Your Hands...

On this day of fasting, I want to share my insights on the verse of Poseach es yadecho that we say in Ashrei 3 times day. 1. Poseach es Yadecho - You open your hand(which is the source of plenty), Umasbia lchol chai Rotzon - And you feed them according to "their wants". Note: Hashem's generosity goes beyond"needs". . An Expression of Hodaah - Gratitude   2. Poseach es yodecho umasbia l'chol chai, Rotzon - "with your willingness". Meaning, you make their wish, (those who are Chai Ratzon) Your will. An Expression of Hodaah- Gratitude   3.(this one is a teffilah, versus the other 2 were hoda'ah.) Poseach es yodecho - please Hashem, open your generous hand, Umasbia lchol .. And now I pray for all that are suffering from eating disorders, and I have in mind some specific names too.. Chai - life through gentle and effective healing, Rotzon - and an appetite to eat..   4. This one is an hoda'a again.. Poseach es yodecho,umasbia lchol, Me and...

Morning Brachos

Morning Brachos "Here is the way I read the morning Brachos when I'm feeling helpless and scared to believe in myself." פוקח עיוורים .  Hashem opens my eyes to see the ways we can go.  But I feel naked and don't know how I can get there. מלביש ערומים .  Hashem supplies me with Livushim to follow my path.  But I feel STUCK. מתיר אסורים .  Hashem helps me be freed from my old patterns, if I want to change.  But I feel bent and broken, kvetching in my old habits and beliefs. זוקף כפופים .  Hashem helps me stand straight and believe in myself.     But the world seems unconquerable, unknown. רוקע הארץ על המים .  Hashem prepares land for me that I can see and feel safe to begin the journey   But I don't know where to start from המכין מצעדי גבר .  Hashem prepares my steps for me. everything I need to succeed in my journey. I just need to discover and use them   But I don't know where and what and ...