Skip to main content

Mastering Shmiras Halashon

 Elokai Nitzor Lishonee Mayrah.


I have been  given the framework in which to daven to Hashem in my Siddur. 


A place in which I can master articulating what it is I really want.


By the time I reach Shmone Esray , Each Bracha  helps me express what it is that my Neshama needs to express, custom tailored for me..


The  more I dissect the words and try to understand them, the more I get clear about my higher purpose ..Just as what happens with learning Torah..  


Tefillah is truly so healing..and Life restoring to me as I am able to restore me more and more Biezras Hashem Who gave us the gift of Siddur (order) through Tefilla. 


After I am able to experience this speech of Tov, This speech of my Neshama and see what is possible…


I say, “Elokai Nitzor Lishonee Mayra”


Hashem, The Source of All Powers,  I know what is possible and  I need this gift of “speech” protected.   I can’t bear to damage this.   I need this protection and to continue throughout my day and life without being used for Chas V’shalom  anything limited.


This Kavana was inspired by Rabbi Weinberg who taught the following: 

One of the best ways to master Shimaras Halashon is to strategize about Tefillah” (RSW)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Your Hands...

On this day of fasting, I want to share my insights on the verse of Poseach es yadecho that we say in Ashrei 3 times day. 1. Poseach es Yadecho - You open your hand(which is the source of plenty), Umasbia lchol chai Rotzon - And you feed them according to "their wants". Note: Hashem's generosity goes beyond"needs". . An Expression of Hodaah - Gratitude   2. Poseach es yodecho umasbia l'chol chai, Rotzon - "with your willingness". Meaning, you make their wish, (those who are Chai Ratzon) Your will. An Expression of Hodaah- Gratitude   3.(this one is a teffilah, versus the other 2 were hoda'ah.) Poseach es yodecho - please Hashem, open your generous hand, Umasbia lchol .. And now I pray for all that are suffering from eating disorders, and I have in mind some specific names too.. Chai - life through gentle and effective healing, Rotzon - and an appetite to eat..   4. This one is an hoda'a again.. Poseach es yodecho,umasbia lchol, Me and

6 Feet Apart?

This morning I thought about how I have changed with this Pandemic.   I am now jogging on the other side of the path together with my son.  I have had to run away from other joggers to keep my distance.  I wait for someone to pass before charging into my elevator without making sure the coast is clear first.  Thank  You Hashem for this gift of training my level of awareness, and I want that to expand and continue in all I do!  Than You Hashem for teaching me to practice running away from things that may harm me. Thank  You Hashem for being My Teacher and showing me how to give  myself the space to truly make a choice between what is unlimited or limited. Thank You Hashem for providing me the ability to now use the space to honor my choices this way. Thank You Hashem for sharing the gift of "6 Feet Away"  as to actually be so Close to You.. Thank You Hashem for letting me see a fellow Jew  apply this "6 Feet distance" before acting, to think and ask what Hashem wants

Morning Brachos

Morning Brachos "Here is the way I read the morning Brachos when I'm feeling helpless and scared to believe in myself." פוקח עיוורים .  Hashem opens my eyes to see the ways we can go.  But I feel naked and don't know how I can get there. מלביש ערומים .  Hashem supplies me with Livushim to follow my path.  But I feel STUCK. מתיר אסורים .  Hashem helps me be freed from my old patterns, if I want to change.  But I feel bent and broken, kvetching in my old habits and beliefs. זוקף כפופים .  Hashem helps me stand straight and believe in myself.     But the world seems unconquerable, unknown. רוקע הארץ על המים .  Hashem prepares land for me that I can see and feel safe to begin the journey   But I don't know where to start from המכין מצעדי גבר .  Hashem prepares my steps for me. everything I need to succeed in my journey. I just need to discover and use them   But I don't know where and what and how. העושה לי כל צרכי .  Hashem has gi