Skip to main content

Who has provided me my every need


O sweeter than the marriage-feast,

'Tis sweeter far to me,

To walk together to the kirk

With a goodly company!-

To walk together to the kirk,

And all together pray,

While each to his great Father bends,

Old men, and babes, and loving friends,

And youths and maidens gay!

Farewell, farewell! but this I tell

To thee, thou Wedding-Guest!

He prayeth well, who loveth well

Both man and bird and beast.

He prayeth best, who loveth best

All things both great and small;

For the dear God who loveth us,

He made and loveth all." 

(Samuel Taylor Coleridge; The Rime of the Ancient Mariner Part VII)


"He prayeth best, who loveth best All things both great and small; For the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all." We are celebrating the powerful role of prayer in empowering us to thrive in exile: By providing us with prayer, the ability to speak to You and to know that You are listening, You have provided us with a means to address our every need.


By: Rabbi Simcha Weinberg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Your Hands...

On this day of fasting, I want to share my insights on the verse of Poseach es yadecho that we say in Ashrei 3 times day. 1. Poseach es Yadecho - You open your hand(which is the source of plenty), Umasbia lchol chai Rotzon - And you feed them according to "their wants". Note: Hashem's generosity goes beyond"needs". . An Expression of Hodaah - Gratitude   2. Poseach es yodecho umasbia l'chol chai, Rotzon - "with your willingness". Meaning, you make their wish, (those who are Chai Ratzon) Your will. An Expression of Hodaah- Gratitude   3.(this one is a teffilah, versus the other 2 were hoda'ah.) Poseach es yodecho - please Hashem, open your generous hand, Umasbia lchol .. And now I pray for all that are suffering from eating disorders, and I have in mind some specific names too.. Chai - life through gentle and effective healing, Rotzon - and an appetite to eat..   4. This one is an hoda'a again.. Poseach es yodecho,umasbia lchol, Me and

6 Feet Apart?

This morning I thought about how I have changed with this Pandemic.   I am now jogging on the other side of the path together with my son.  I have had to run away from other joggers to keep my distance.  I wait for someone to pass before charging into my elevator without making sure the coast is clear first.  Thank  You Hashem for this gift of training my level of awareness, and I want that to expand and continue in all I do!  Than You Hashem for teaching me to practice running away from things that may harm me. Thank  You Hashem for being My Teacher and showing me how to give  myself the space to truly make a choice between what is unlimited or limited. Thank You Hashem for providing me the ability to now use the space to honor my choices this way. Thank You Hashem for sharing the gift of "6 Feet Away"  as to actually be so Close to You.. Thank You Hashem for letting me see a fellow Jew  apply this "6 Feet distance" before acting, to think and ask what Hashem wants

SHABBAT PRAYER-HACHODESH-MAKING BREAD & CLOTH- “Give Us Our Portion In Your Torah.”

Once I was walking on the road and a man encountered me and accosted me in a heretical way. He had knowledge of the Bible, but not of the Mishnah. He said to me, “The Bible was given to us at Sinai, but the Mishnah   was not.”   I said to him, “My son, both the Bible and the Mishnah were spoken by the Almighty. What then is the difference between the Bible and the Mishnah? Here is a parable: A King had two servants whom he dearly loved. He gave each one of them a small amount of wheat and a bundle of flax. What did the wise servant do? He took the flax and wove it into a tablecloth. He took the wheat and made flour out of it, which he then sifted, ground, kneaded, and baked. Then he spread the tablecloth upon the table and placed the bread on it. He left it that way until the king came to visit. The foolish servant did not do anything. Eventually, the king entered his home and said to his servants, ” My sons, bring me what I gave you.” The wise servant brought out the loaves of bread o